» Accreditation of Certification Bodies for EN 16844:2015
11 April, 2016
Call for Expressions of Interest by 27 May 2016
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service is proposing to establish a project to develop accreditation for ISO/IEC 17065, Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services for EN 16844:2015 Aesthetic medicine services – Non surgical medical procedures.
UKAS intends to run a pilot programme and is inviting expressions of interest from organisations that wish to seek accreditation for this project. Participants in the pilot assessment programme will be required to agree to the terms of reference of the pilot and will be subject to assessment by UKAS against the international standard ISO/IEC 17065.
The pilot programme will consist of the following key stages:
- 27 May 2016 - Expressions of interest from potential applicants
- September 2016 (Date to be announced) - Consultation meeting at the UKAS offices with those who expressed interest to participate in the pilot including key stakeholders to discuss the objectives and terms of the pilot
- 30 November 2016 - Applications for accreditation
- Planning and assessment of pilot applicants
- 30 June 2017 - Announcement of first tranche of accreditations
- Review/lessons learned discussion with stakeholders
Those organisations that have sent an expression of interest for the pilot project by the deadline of 27 May 2016 will be invited to attend the meeting of interested parties in September 2016. Depending on the numbers expressing interest, it may be necessary to restrict the number of delegates attending form each organisation. Please note that attendance at this meeting is a requirement for those interested in participating in the pilot project. If you are unable to send a representative, please send apologies so that we are aware of your continued interest.
Those who wish to express an interest to participate in the pilot programme are requested to contact the UKAS Development Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide their contact details, no later than 27 May 2016.
Potential applicants may obtain copies of the Pilot Terms of Reference from the above email address.