UKAS accreditation covers biological, microbiological and biochemical testing and measurement, relating to the examination of plant material, animal health, food, drugs and pharmaceuticals.
UKAS accreditation includes the examination or analysis of:
- Disinfectants & Antimicrobials, Efficacy & Susceptibility
- Food & Related Microbiology
- Food Sampling
- Medical/Veterinary Microbiology
- Molecular Biology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Plant Health Diagnostics & Inspection
- Sensory analysis
- Water & Environmental Microbiology
UKAS has established an Agri-Food & Biosciences technical advisory committee to assist the accreditation process by providing technical input on policy creation and decisions related to the area of forensic examination. Please contact Rachel Oakley on 020 8917 8544 for further information.
- The accreditation process
- Application documents
- Pricing estimates
- Directory of accredited organisations
- Why use a UKAS laboratory to carry out food testing?
- Supporting safe food and clean drinking water (ILAC)