» Benefits of Working for UKAS
Benefits of Working for UKAS
Working for UKAS is as rewarding as it is enjoyable and challenging. In return for your commitment and contribution we offer a competitive salary and range of benefits.
The training and development of our people is key to the success of UKAS and all staff will take part in an in-depth induction programme.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
Training & Development
The training and development of our people is key to the success of UKAS. All new staff undergo a period of induction training to familiarise you with UKAS policies & procedures, this may include attendance on formal training courses. During your first year you will be set objectives in line with the company business plan and as part of a performance management/appraisal process. You will have regular reviews against your objectives and you will be given your own individual training and development plan.
Conditions of Employment for Assessment Managers
If you join the company as an assessment manager or in a technical role your initial induction period will last between 3 – 6 months and will include an induction familiarisation session, attendance on formal training sessions and will include observation and participation on assessments at customer sites. When not on assessments you will be expected to attend the UKAS offices in Staines-upon-Thames which will require you staying in a local hotel during Monday to Friday (all accommodations and subsistence is paid for by UKAS). Proficiency in UKAS systems and an understanding of UKAS policies and procedures is required before you are signed off to work either remotely from home or as an office based worker.
Many of our technical staff are remote workers which means they are contracted to work from their home address. We will discuss with you whether the role is a remote based or office based position. Some important requirements are that you have an area of your home that will become your office which will be separate from your living accommodation. You will still be required to visit the UKAS Head Office when necessary for training and meetings. Other requirements and conditions of employment are:
- a Broadband connection with a minimum download speed between 4 - 6 MB.
- willing and able to travel on Company business by the most effective and appropriate means of transport an average of 15,000 miles per year for business purposes.
- expected to provide your own car, which is insured for business purposes. A competitive mileage allowance is paid for this.
- Assessment Managers can expect to spend an average of around 1-2 nights away from home per week; you may wish to consider the impact this may have on your home and social life before deciding to attend an interview.