Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
Delivering a world of confidence, UKAS is the National Accreditation Body for the United Kingdom. UKAS are looking for candidates to join our Corporate Customer Team in the role of Assessment Manager (AM). The Corporate Customer Team manages the accreditation of UKAS’ larger more complex customers operating across a variety of technical sectors.
The role of AM acts as the key contact point for all aspects of the customer’s relationship with UKAS and proactively manages this relationship, providing support and guidance to the customer at all levels in relation to UKAS processes. Critically, AMs within this role will be expected to develop an understanding of the customer’s business strategy (in relation to accreditation) and determine how UKAS are best able to support that strategy.
Usually with a designated caseload of organisations, the AM is responsible for: selecting assessment teams, establishing the assessment approach, leading the assessment, and coordinating the team, collating and reporting each assessment and progressing each assessment project from start to finish. The role may also interact with internal and external stakeholders and offers the opportunity to develop, with continued learning.
We are seeking dynamic individuals with experience in testing, inspection or certification sectors, with an organised, robust and consistent analytical approach to working.
The successful applicant will:
- Have knowledge of one or more of the following standards: ISO/IEC 17025, ISO/IEC 17020, ISO/IEC 17021 or ISO/IEC 17065
- Have some experience of internal auditing.
- Have an awareness of accreditation and its application in the UK.
- Have good IT skills – experience and use of both Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be able to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of customer service whilst maintaining the level of technical rigour our stakeholders expect.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and organisational skills – Effective, balanced verbal and written communication skills are essential. Exceptional organisation skills are required to ensure all tasks are recognised and prioritised to meet business and customer needs.
- Have proven project management skills – sets clear direction, organises resources well to meet deadlines and able to lead teams when required.
- Demonstrate adaptability – able to identify how and why businesses use accreditation across a multitude of standards and can recognise the challenges and identify solutions to the challenges that working across geographies and cultures presents to accreditation.
This exciting and challenging role requires extensive travel mainly within the UK with overnight stays (some international travel may be required).
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Leanie Du Toit on +44 (0)1784 429000
Please provide your details and apply for this job by clicking here: firstname.lastname@example.org