Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
Delivering a world of confidence, UKAS is the National Accreditation Body for the United Kingdom. The Forensics Team manages the accreditation of private and public organisations within the Forensic Sector. Organisations may be accredited, or seeking accreditation, for established forensic science disciplines or alternatively, the accreditation sought may be in new and developing areas of forensic work. The Forensic Team at UKAS work closely with key stakeholders in the sector and the work we do determines the technical competence and impartiality of forensic organisations delivering testing and inspection services to the Criminal Justice System.
We are seeking dynamic individuals with experience in forensic science, with an organised, robust, and consistent analytical approach to working. This is an opportunity to improve the quality of service and support the expansion of quality standards within forensic science and further improve the confidence in the evidence being presented to the Criminal Justice System. We are interested in individuals across all forensic science disciplines at this time.
This Assessment Manager role supports increased accreditation activities in the forensic sector. Assessment Managers coordinate and manage Laboratory and Inspection Body assessments (Crime Scene assessments). Usually, with a designated caseload of organisations, the Assessment Manager is responsible for: selecting assessment teams, establishing the assessment approach, leading the assessment, and coordinating the team, collating and reporting each assessment and progressing each assessment project from start to finish. The role may also interact with internal and external stakeholders and offers the opportunity to develop, with continued learning, and to influence, shape and implement accreditation forensic policy in the UK.
The successful applicant will:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in forensic science – including involvement in implementing or maintaining quality management systems.
- Ideally be educated to degree level.
- Have a sound knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and / or ISO/IEC 17020, ILAC G19 and Forensic Science Regulator: Codes of Practice and Conduct.
- Understand the role of the Forensic Science Regulator.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and organisational skills – effective, balanced verbal and written communication skills are essential. Exceptional organisation skills are required to ensure all tasks are recognised and prioritised to meet business and customer needs.
- Have some experience of internal auditing.
- Have an awareness of accreditation and its application in forensic science.
- Have good IT skills – experience and use of both Microsoft Word and Excel
The successful applicant will undergo a full induction into UKAS and will received a bespoke training plan on commencement of employment.
This exciting and challenging role requires extensive travel mainly within the UK with, on average, 2 overnight stays a week away from home.
The role also requires the successful candidate to be vetted to NPPV3 and SC level. Candidates must have 5 years UK residency for this security clearance to be undertaken.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Angela Shaw on +44 (0)1784 429000.
Please provide your details and apply for this job by clicking here: Careers@ukas.com