Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
The Healthcare Team manages the accreditation of private and public organisations within the Healthcare Sector. Organisations may be accredited, or seeking accreditation, for established medical science disciplines or alternatively the accreditation sought maybe in new and developing areas of medical laboratory work. The team work closely with key stakeholders in the sector and the work done determines the technical competence and impartiality of healthcare organisations delivering testing services to clinicians and patients.
We are seeking dynamic individuals with experience of
- Life science or chemistry, with an organised, robust and consistent analytical approach to working.
- Biobanking, Sexual Assault Examination / Referral Centres (SARCS), Medical Devices Certification or General Product Certification.
This is an opportunity to improve the quality of service and support the expansion of quality standards within healthcare science and further improve the confidence of both clinicians and patients.
This Assessment Manager role supports increased accreditation activities in the healthcare sector as follows:
- Assessment Managers coordinate and manage Laboratory assessments.
- With a designated caseload of organisations, the Assessment Manager is responsible for: selecting assessment teams, establishing the assessment approach, leading the assessment and coordinating the team, collating and reporting each assessment and progressing each assessment project from start to finish.
- The role may also interact with internal and external stakeholders and offers the opportunity to develop, with continued learning and also influence, shape and implement accreditation healthcare policy in the UK.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience in a life science or chemistry application (or certification experience) – including involvement of implementing or maintaining quality management systems.
- Have a sound knowledge of ISO 15189 or ISO/IEC 17025 or ISO 13485 or ISO/IEC 17065
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and organisational skills – Effective, balanced verbal and written communication skills are essential. Exceptional organisation skills are required to ensure all tasks are recognised and prioritised to meet business and customer needs.
- Ideally have some experience of internal auditing.
- Have an awareness of accreditation and its application in healthcare / life sciences.
- Have good IT skills – experience and use of both Microsoft Word and Excel
This exciting and challenging role requires extensive travel mainly within the UK with, on average, 2-3 overnight stays a week away from home.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy, please contact Wendy Smith on +44 (0)1784 429000
Please provide your details and apply for this job by clicking here: Careers@ukas.com