Competitive salary + benefits
UK home based
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is seeking an experienced and dynamic scientist to take on a role as an Assessment Manager within the Agri-Food, Life Sciences and Asbestos team.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have a sound working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and its implementation in a testing laboratory.
- Be customer focused and have excellent interpersonal and general communication and organisation skills.
- Have relevant testing of materials experience with a broad knowledge of the relevant materials and proficiency schemes in their sector and a good understanding of modern quality management systems in organisations.
- Ideally have experience in organisation auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
- Be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline and probably have professional body status.
- Experience and awareness of ISO/IEC 17043 or ISO 17034 would be advantageous.
The post calls for someone with experience in the testing of materials and ideally an understanding of the production and management of reference materials or proficiency testing schemes. Any food, environmental or life science scientific discipline experience would be considered for this role.
The work will be challenging and satisfying, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for one of the world’s leaders in accreditation.
The Assessment Manager is the key focal point for customers and will meet their reasonable accreditation expectations with objectivity, diligence and excellent customer service. The assessment work will comprise an appropriate blend of management system and technical work according to the skill set of the Assessment Manager. They will appoint assessment teams, participate in assessment visits and provide support internally on technical and policy issues. The role will include technical assessing for other Assessment Managers and may extend to managing the accreditation of organisations involved in activities such as the provision of testing to support proficiency scheme material production as well as and more general testing and inspection activities in due course.
The position involves extensive travel, mainly within the UK, with frequent overnight stays.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy, please contact Juliette Love on 01784 429000.
To enquire or apply for this role please provide your contact details, your current CV and any other related documents/information.