UKAS has a vacancy for an Assessment Manager with broad experience in the Asbestos testing and surveying sectors. This is a challenging and satisfying role for a dynamic individual, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for one of the world’s leaders in accreditation.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have a good understanding of modern quality management systems in laboratories and inspection bodies, preferably using ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020
- Have a good understanding of regulations and HSE guidance relating to asbestos and technical expertise in Asbestos surveying, sampling and testing
- Be established in their career, probably with experience of management and looking to apply their knowledge and experience in a wider context
- Hold technical qualifications including the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos (or equivalent) and probably be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Be customer focused and have excellent interpersonal and general communication skills, oral and written
- Ideally have experience in laboratory auditing or assessment and a mind-set of adding value.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the accreditation of laboratories and inspection bodies throughout the UK and possibly overseas. They will appoint assessment teams, participate in, and report on assessment visits, and provide UKAS with input on technical policy.
The role will involve both ensuring the suitability of laboratory management systems and technical assessing to confirm the fitness for purpose of tests and inspections. Full training in assessment methodology and use of UKAS systems will be provided.
Extensive UK travel with overnight stays and possibly some overseas travel is required as part of this role.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact John Abbiss on 01784 429000