UK Home Based
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual with building acoustics and/or building airtightness testing experience to work as an Assessment Manager. This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have significant laboratory practical experience, preferably within an ISO/IEC 17025 measurement environment.
- Have appropriate technical education in an engineering discipline.
- Have detailed technical expertise in building acoustics and/or building airtightness testing, additional experience in acoustic instrument calibration measurements would be an advantage or a related discipline.
- Have a keen interest in good metrology and its implementation.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and stakeholders at all levels.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK. They will appoint assessment teams, lead and participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays, mainly within the UK.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Sam Giles on +44 (0)1784 429000