The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is seeking an experienced and dynamic scientist to take on a role as an Assessment Manager within the Agri-Food and Life Sciences team. The post calls for someone with broad experience in one of the following laboratory testing areas:
- Chemistry (environmental, metals, oils and chemicals)
- Food Chemistry
- Food and/or water Microbiology
- Or an allied sector
The work will be challenging and satisfying, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for one of the world’s leaders in accreditation.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have relevant laboratory experience with a broad knowledge of the relevant techniques in their sector and a good understanding of modern quality management systems in laboratories, preferably using ISO/IEC 17025
- Be established in their career, probably with experience of management, and looking to apply their knowledge and experience in a wider context
- Be educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline and probably have professional body status
- Be customer focused and have excellent interpersonal and general communication skills
- Ideally have experience in laboratory auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
The Assessment Manager is the key focal point for customers and will meet their reasonable accreditation expectations with objectivity, diligence and excellent customer service. The assessment work will comprise an appropriate blend of management system and technical work according to the skill set of the Assessment Manager. They will appoint assessment teams, participate in assessment visits and provide support internally on technical and policy issues. The role will include technical assessing for other Assessment Managers and may extend to managing the accreditation of bodies involved in activities such as the provision of proficiency testing schemes and inspection.
The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays.
- Assessment Manager – Core Customer Team Job Description
- Learn more about the Assessment Manager role
- To discuss the details of this vacancy, contact Juliette Love on 01784 429000
- Privacy notice