Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager who has a quality or technical management background in laboratory testing for the construction industry. This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have a good civil engineering or scientific background and demonstrate a good understanding of the construction sector with experience of other sectors a distinct advantage
- Have an understanding of the legal and regulatory framework and requirements of the construction sector
- Have experience in either of the following areas:
- Operation of testing laboratories to ISO/IEC 17025
- Aggregates, Concrete, Asphalt and bituminous materials
- Have a keen interest in quality management and continual improvement
- Be customer focused and have excellent communication skills
- Ideally have experience in third party auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
- Have experience of staff and/or customer management
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the assessment of construction laboratories throughout the UK. They will appoint assessment teams, lead and participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive UK travel with overnight stays and some overseas travel is required as part of this demanding but rewarding role.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Sam Giles on +44 (0)1784 429000
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com