Salary: upwards of £45,000 per annum + benefits
UK home based
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is seeking a skilled and experienced candidate to take on a role as an Assessment Manager within our Electrical Inspection team, specifically focusing on electrical installations, periodic inspection and testing of installations.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have a strong working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17065 and its implementation, with ISO 17020 and ISO 17024 desirable.
- Be customer focused and have excellent interpersonal and general communication and organisation skills.
- Have relevant hands-on experience, a broad knowledge of their sector and a good understanding of modern quality management systems in organisations.
- Ideally have experience in organisation auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
- Be educated to degree level is. This is desirable but not essential if they have practical experience in a relevant discipline.
We welcome candidates across all types of backgrounds, circumstances, and identities to support our diversity ambitions and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) commitment.
The post calls for someone with a passion for quality and strong track record in the electrical installation market and its associated industries.
The work will be challenging and satisfying, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for one of the world’s leaders in accreditation.
The Assessment Manager is the key focal point for customers and will meet their reasonable accreditation expectations with objectivity, diligence, and excellent customer service. The Assessment Manager will also be responsible for:
- Selecting assessment teams
- Establishing the assessment approach
- Leading the assessment and coordinating the team
- Collating and reporting each assessment
- Progressing each assessment project from start to finish
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy, please contact Sam Giles on 01784 429000.
- Assessment Manager Job Description
- Learn more about the Assessment Manager role
- Privacy notice
- Our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) commitment
The position involves extensive travel, mainly within the UK, with frequent overnight stays.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Fostering a Culture of Belonging
UKAS is proud to be the United Kingdom’s sole Accreditation Body. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. UKAS is committed to promoting a culture of belonging and values the differences and uniqueness that everyone brings to the organisation.
To enquire or apply for this role please provide your contact details, your current CV and any other related documents/information.