Salary £45,000 – £48,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
UK Home Office Based
Delivering a world of confidence, UKAS is the National Accreditation Body for the United Kingdom. The Healthcare Team manages the accreditation of private and public organisations within the Healthcare Sector. Organisations may be accredited, or be seeking accreditation, for established medical science disciplines or alternatively the accreditation sought may be in new and developing areas of medical laboratory work. The Healthcare Team at UKAS work closely with key stakeholders in the sector and the work we do determines the technical competence and impartiality of healthcare organisations delivering testing services to clinicians and patients.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with experience of a life science or chemistry, with an organised, robust and consistent analytical approach to working. This is an opportunity to improve the quality of service and support the expansion of quality standards within Healthcare science and further improve the confidence of both clinicians and patients.
In addition to the above, we are also seeking a dynamic individual with experience of Biobanking or Sexual Assault Examination / Referral Centres (SARCS) – see also advert for Forensics Assessment Manager.
This Assessment Manager role supports increased accreditation activities in the healthcare sector. Assessment Manager’s coordinate and manage Laboratory assessments. Usually with a designated caseload of organisations, the Assessment Manager is responsible for: selecting assessment teams, establishing the assessment approach, leading the assessment and coordinating the team, collating and reporting each assessment and progressing each assessment project from start to finish. The role may also interact with internal and external stakeholders and offers the opportunity to develop, with continued learning and also influence, shape and implement accreditation healthcare policy in the UK (full job description is available in the link below).
The successful applicant will:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a life science or chemistry application – including involvement of implementing or maintaining quality management systems.
- Ideally be educated to degree level.
- Have a sound knowledge of ISO 15189 or ISO/IEC 17025 or ISO 13485.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and organisational skills – effective, balanced verbal and written communication skills are essential. Exceptional organisation skills are required to ensure all tasks are recognised and prioritised to meet business and customer needs.
- Ideally have some experience of internal auditing.
- Have an awareness of accreditation and its application in healthcare / life sciences.
- Have good IT skills – experience and use of both Microsoft Word and Excel.
The successful applicant will undergo a full induction into UKAS and will receive a bespoke training plan on commencement of employment.
This exciting and challenging role requires extensive travel mainly within the UK with, on average, 2 overnight stays a week away from home.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Ben Courtney on 01784 429000