Upwards of £45,000 + benefits
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is looking for a skilled and experienced candidate to take on the exciting and varied role of Assessment Manager within our Life Sciences team. This role will be specifically focusing on Molecular Biology.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a good understanding of modern quality management systems in laboratories, preferably using ISO/IEC 17025.
- A technical, and educational, background in Molecular Biology
- Be customer-focused with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Have relevant hands-on experience, a broad knowledge of your sector and a good understanding of modern quality management systems in organisations.
- Have experience in organisation auditing or assessment.
- Be educated to degree level. This is desirable, but not essential. Practical experience in a relevant discipline will also be taken into consideration.
The post calls for someone with a real passion for quality and hands-on experience within a Molecular Biology laboratory.
The work will be both engaging and rewarding. This is an opportunity to work in the public interest for the world’s leading accreditation body.
The Assessment Manager is the key focal point for customers. You’ll be expected to meet their reasonable accreditation expectations with objectivity, diligence, and excellent customer service.
The Assessment Manager will also be responsible for:
- Selecting assessment teams
- Establishing the assessment approach
- Leading the assessment and coordinating the team
- Collating and reporting each assessment
- Progressing each assessment project from start to finish
The position involves extensive travel, mainly within the UK, with frequent overnight stays.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Fostering a Culture of Belonging
UKAS is proud to be the United Kingdom’s sole Accreditation Body. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. UKAS is committed to promoting a culture of belonging and values the differences and uniqueness that everyone brings to the organisation.
We welcome candidates across all types of backgrounds, circumstances, and identities to support our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) commitments.
Applications from those looking to undertake this role on a part-time basis would be welcomed.
To enquire or apply for this role please provide your contact details, your current CV and any other related documents/information.