The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is looking for a Section Head to lead the Development and Scheme Integrity team.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to leaders who are passionate about accreditation and improving standards within industry and have a track record of managing diverse and complex programmes of work and leading technical teams, ideally covering multiple technical disciplines.
The role will suit you if you have:
- Experience of the development of conformity assessment and/or accreditation schemes
- A degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline or extensive industrial experience
- Proven technical management experience in one of UKAS core industry sectors
- An understanding and knowledge across a broad range of accreditation services and the requirements of operating as a national accreditation body.
- Experience of assessing a wide range of certification schemes (ISO/IEC 17065, ISO 17024, ISO/IEC 17021)
- Flexible and creative approach to developing novel solutions to support project delivery
- Experience and or understanding of validation and verification principles (ISO 14065 and ISO 17029)
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and manage and motivate a technical team
If your application is successful, your main duties will include:
- Managing the programme of development projects to ensure that project deadlines are established and they progress in accordance with the planned expectations
- Evaluating prospects and prioritising development projects
- Determining strategies for allocated projects and the development programme in accordance with internal policies and procedures and relevant international standards
- Managing and motivating a team of Accreditation Specialists who manage complex development projects
- Meeting with external bodies, such as government departments, to ensure appropriate consultation on specified projects
- Attending external committees, working groups and other meetings related to specified development project to ensure the needs and interests of UKAS and its stakeholders are represented.
- Provide advice and oversight across UKAS to ensure the ongoing suitability of schemes as a member of UKAS’ Senior Leadership Team
This exciting and challenging role requires travel mainly within the UK with overnight stays (some international travel may be required).
- Head of Development & Scheme Integrity Job Description
- Privacy notice
- Our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) commitment
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Fostering a Culture of Belonging
UKAS is proud to be the United Kingdom’s sole Accreditation Body. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. UKAS is committed to promoting a culture of belonging and values the differences and uniqueness that everyone brings to the organisation.
To enquire or apply for this role please provide your contact details, your current CV and any other related documents/information.