We are currently looking to expand our team of Independent Technical Assessors. The post forms part of UKAS assessment teams and individuals will be involved in the assessment of the technical activities (within their given area of expertise) of testing and calibration laboratories to ISO/IEC 17025.
In particular UKAS is inviting applications from persons with expertise in:
- Pressure/ Flow
- Environmental Chemistry
- Stack Emissions
- Food Chemistry
- Materials Testing
- Environmental Engineering
Successful applicants will exhibit:
- Clearly expressed knowledge of 17025 management systems
- Hold a minimum of qualification relevant to the specialisation
- Strong communication skills, experience with engaging stakeholders at all levels
- An enthusiasm and belief in modern quality philosophy and practice
- Experience of auditing or assessment techniques with a Value-Added approach
- Ability to produce high quality well-reasoned reports and written work
- Membership of professional institute (advantageous but not essential)
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
The assignments will suit those who have recently retired from the industry, independent consultants or those who currently work in the industry and who wish to gain assessment experience.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact the Operations Support Team on 01784 429000 or email [email protected]