» Assessment Manager – Mechanical Calibration
Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager in the Mechanical Calibration Sector. This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Be experienced in one or more fields of Mechanical Calibration and Metrology, these include: Force, Mass, NAWI, Dimensional, Torque, Volume, Density.
- Have a sound understanding of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Be educated to degree level or have relevant experience with a calibration environment, with a keen interest in sound metrology practices.
- Be customer focused and have excellent communication skills.
- Ideally have hands on experience in a calibration laboratory; experience of laboratory management will be an advantage.
Dimensional calibration includes aspects such as: Gauge Blocks, Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Coordinate Measuring Machines, Height Gauges, Straight Edges, Gears, Spheres, Surface Tables.
Mechanical calibration includes aspects such as: Densitometers, Pipettes, Load Cells, Weighing Instruments, Torque Transducers, Torque Drivers, Hydrometers, Dead Weight Machines.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing and conducting the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK. They will lead assessment teams, participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Sam Giles on +44 (0)1784 429000