» Attend UKAS SARC Workshop
21 January, 2020
In order to comply with The Forensic Science Regulators Codes of Practice and Conduct, Sexual Assault Referral centres (SARCs) shall require accreditation by October 2023.
To assist organisations in their preparations to meet this deadline UKAS is holding a one-day workshop to outline the requirements of BS EN ISO 15189:2012 ‘Medical Laboratories- Requirements for quality and competence’ plus the associated FSR publications used to support accreditation assessments.
The workshop is being held on Tuesday the 24th March 2020 at the Renaissance Hotel - Heathrow London and the fee to attend is £125 plus VAT per person (including lunch and refreshments).
The workshop will be of benefit to Police and NHS Commissioners, SARC Managers, Forensic Medical Examination providers and Practitioners who are taking the lead in their organisations progression toward gaining accreditation to ISO 15189:2012 for SARCs.
The workshop will provide:
- An introduction to UKAS and Accreditation
- Introduction to ISO 15189
- Introduction to ILAC G19:08/2014 FSR documents
- FSR Codes of Practice and the Scene of Crime Anti - Contamination Guidance
- Consideration of scope of application
- ISO 15189 Quality Management System / Personnel / Competence
- Way forward and next steps with respect to applications for accreditation
To book a place, please email DevelopmentEnquiries@ukas.com
Places will be limited to 40 and will initially be restricted to two places per organisation.