» Call for Expressions of Interest – Accreditation for New Management System Standards Certification
29 January, 2019
In the last couple of years, a number of new ISO management system standards have been published. To date, UKAS has received little or no requests for accreditation to underpin the related certification activities. As they are new standards UKAS would need to undertake a development project to confirm the applicability of the standard and also to establish a robust and proportionate assessment approach. UKAS is reviewing its current development projects and wants to gauge the level of interest there may be from bodies who want to certify organisations against these standards. The level of interest will assist UKAS in determining the priority of any development project.
- ISO 41001:2018 Facility management -- Management systems -- Requirements with guidance for use
- ISO 37101:2016 Sustainable development in communities -- Management system for sustainable development -- Requirements with guidance for use
- ISO 39001 Road traffic safety (RTS) management systems - Requirements with guidance for use
This announcement is to gauge the potential demand, therefore please provide feedback to UKAS (DevelopmentEnquiries@ukas.com) by the 28th February 2019. It would also be helpful in the planning if you could provide the following information:
- Which standard(s) would you be looking to gain accreditation for?
- The number of clients/estimated number of clients you have for (each of) these standards?
- The date by which you envisage that you will be ready to offer certification to these standards?
- The number of non-accredited certificates issued for the standard(s)?
- The date by which you envisage your clients being ready for 1) a Stage 1 and 2) a Stage 2 audit?
- The geographical location(s) where accredited certificates will be issued (solely UK, Solely Europe, Office outside of Europe)?
Development Project Updates
UKAS has the following management system development projects currently in progress:
- ISO 20121:2012 Event sustainability management systems. Requirements with guidance for use.
- ISO 44001:2017 Collaborative business relationship management systems. Requirements and framework
In addition, UKAS has recently completed development projects for the following management systems and is open for applications:
- ISO 37001:2016 Anti-bribery management systems -- Requirements with guidance for use
(Please refer to UKAS publication C14 for more guidance)
- PAS 7:2013 Fire risk management system. Specification