» Call for Expressions of Interest – Accreditation of inspection bodies surveying contaminated land for the presence of asbestos
01 May, 2019
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service is proposing to establish a project to develop accreditation for ISO 17020:2012 for the surveying of contaminated land for the presence of asbestos and are inviting expressions of interest from organisations that wish to seek accreditation for this project.
It is proposed that a pilot assessment programme will be required to agree to the terms of reference for the delivery of accreditation and participants in the pilot will be subject to assessment by UKAS against the international standard ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
The pilot programme will consist of the following key stages:
- Deadline 5th July 2019 Expressions of interest from potential applicants
- September 2019 (Date to be confirmed) Consultation meeting at the UKAS offices with those who expressed interest to participate in the pilot including key stakeholders to discuss the objectives and terms of the pilot
- Deadline 1st November 2019 Applications for accreditation
- Planning and assessment of pilot applicants
- April 2020 (Date to be confirmed) Announcement of first tranche of accreditations
- Review/lessons learned discussion with stakeholders
Those organisations that have sent an expression of interest for the pilot project by the deadline of 5th July 2019 will be invited to attend the meeting of interested parties in September 2019.
Please note that attendance at this meeting is a requirement for those interested in participating in the pilot project. If you are unable to send a representative, please send apologies so that we are aware of your continued interest. Those who wish to express an interest to participate in the pilot programme are requested to contact the UKAS Development Coordinator, Emily Robinson (DevelopmentEnquiries@ukas.com) and provide their contact details, no later than 5th July 2019.
Potential applicants may obtain copies of the Pilot Terms of Reference following the pilot meeting.