» Accreditation for Certification of Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ISO 37001:2016)
The Anti-Bribery Management Systems standard was published in October 2016. UKAS is developing an assessment approach for the accreditation for this new management system standard. Accreditation will be to ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 (Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems) and also take into consideration the expectation of PD ISO/IEC TS 17021-9:2016 (Part 9 : Competency requirements for auditing and certification of anti-bribery management systems).
As this standard is a new area of accreditation, UKAS invited expressions of interest to participate in a pilot assessment programme which has the following milestones:
- Sign up and application to pilot Terms of Reference – End July 2017
- UKAS confirm assessment approach and arranging Head Office visits – End September 2017
- Head Office Visits – End 2017
- Witness Audits – Q1 2018
- Review of Assessment Approach and Close out of findings – Q2 2018
- Confirmation that Accreditation is applicable – Q2 2018
- Grant of Accreditation – Summer 2018
All pilot participants will progress through the development project together, with all that have demonstrating competency to delivery accredited certification of Anti-Bribery Management System being granted together in the Summer 2018. The organisations participating in the pilot are :
- Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS - UK Branch
- DNV GL Business Assurance UK Limited
- Intertek Certification Ltd
- Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance Limited
Further information on the pilot assessment programme can be obtained from David Compton by emailing David.Compton@ukas.com.