The Route to Accreditation
Not sure what to do and want to talk to someone? Please call 01784 429020 or email email@example.com
The initial assessment visit
Once you have addressed any issues raised during the pre-assessment visit, the initial assessment is the first formal assessment.
This will be conducted by a Lead Assessor (normally your Assessment Manager) supported, as necessary, by technical assessors with the expertise to cover your scope of application. The length of the visit will depend upon the scope of application requested. The Assessment Manager will provide you with a quotation for the work involved.
The practicalities of the assessment
In advance of the visit, you will receive a visit confirmation followed by a visit plan, which provides a proposed timetable for the work to be assessed.
- An opening meeting will take place to agree the arrangements.
- The assessment will involve a detailed review of company records.
- Interviews will take place with staff and managers, as well as witnessing of key activities.
- A full vertical and horizontal audit will take place.
- A de-brief of the visit and any findings will be discussed at a closing meeting.
- UKAS will provide a full report during or immediately following the assessment visit. This will detail any findings or improvement actions identified against accreditation requirements. You will be asked to advise UKAS on how you will address them.
The assessment team will make a recommendation at the closing meeting.