Understand the requirements and key principles of ISO/IEC 17021-1 and its application to the accreditation for various types of certification in this 2-day practical and highly interactive course.
This course is designed to provide delegates with a detailed understanding of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1 and how they apply to certification bodies. This training will help delegates to apply the standard and gain an appreciation of the relevant procedures involved in achieving and maintaining accreditation.
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the standard, delivered by practising UKAS lead assessors.
- The ability to successfully apply the standard to meet the requirements for impartiality, competence, management system auditing and reporting.
- Practical ideas to implement effective processes to deliver audit, certification and recertification services
- Overview of Management Systems Certification
- Scope, definitions and principles
- Organisation & governance
- Operational Control
- Management of competence
- Developing a new certification scheme
- The certification process
- Programme Planning
- Audits & integration – programming, planning, meeting objectives & reporting
- Decision Making
- Management System Requirements
Who should attend
The course is aimed at any individual responsible for some aspect of quality and/or technical support activity within their certification body. This could include:
- Technical Managers
- Quality managers, coordinators and officers
- ISO/IEC 17021-1 Technical Assessors and Consultants
Meet the trainers
This course is delivered by:
Having joined UKAS in 2007, Darren is a highly experienced Assessment Manager and Lead Assessor of medical laboratories. Darren has an expert knowledge of the requirements of ISO 15189 and ISO 17043 and how they are interpreted by UKAS. Darren holds a BSc in Microbiology and an MSc in Quality Management and Improvement.
Dates and locations
|26 January 2021 - 29 January 2021||Denham Grove|