ISO/IEC 17025 is the International Standard which accredited laboratories are assessed against, ensuring users of their services can have complete confidence in the quality of the laboratory’s processes and the reliability, accuracy and safety of their test results.
This seminar provides an overview of the concept of accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and guidance where to begin when a laboratory is ready to apply.
Learning outcomes of this course
This session will cover the key aspects of the accreditation process and provide laboratory personnel preparing for accreditation and initial assessment with important basic information regarding ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
The seminar will:
- Demystify the standard, application process and subsequent assessment and accreditation cycle.
- Create confidence in applicants that all elements of the journey to accreditation have been considered.
- Provide the opportunity for straight-forward answers from industry experts.
- History of ISO/IEC 17025
- What is Accreditation
- Basic Concepts of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Overview of Relevant Sections of the Standard
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 implementation requirements
Who should attend
This seminar is designed for laboratory management and personnel of non-accredited laboratories or laboratories with an ISO 9001:2015 certified management system, looking to implement ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements. This could include:
- Laboratory Managers
- Laboratory Quality or Technical Managers
- Laboratory Technicians and Supervisors
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
Having joined UKAS in 2007, Darren is a highly experienced Assessment Manager and Lead Assessor of medical laboratories. Darren has an expert knowledge of the requirements of ISO 15189 and ISO 17043 and how they are interpreted by UKAS. Darren holds a BSc in Microbiology and an MSc in Quality Management and Improvement.
Dates and locations
|26 January 2021 - 29 January 2021||Denham Grove|