This lively and interactive 3-day course will provide the key elements of the Laboratory Internal Audit course and effective Laboratory Management subject matter in relation to healthcare standards.
Delegates will develop an understanding how the organisational processes of a healthcare service provider can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO 15189, IQIPS v2.0 and QSI 2019. They will appreciate how effective service management can be integrated with principles in key areas of compliance, including robust internal audit processes, competence development, non-conformance analysis, management review and their value to excellent service provision.
Learning outcomes of this course
UKAS accreditation in this area enables healthcare providers to demonstrate they meet the requirements for an effective quality management system (and compliance with ISO 15189).
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Apply their knowledge and understanding of the principles to a wide variety of situations to allow the design, planning, justification and delivery of internal audits.
- Understand which tasks fall within the remit of Quality Management roles, Technical Manager roles and leads.
- Understand how effective management controls can be designed and implemented.
- Be able to prepare structured preparation for UKAS assessment.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The content of this course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Framework for Business Processes
- Internal Audit Principles, Tools, Reports and Value
- Service and Facility Selection and Resourcing
- Activity Evaluation for Fitness for Purpose
- QMS Principles and Design
- Validity of Results
- Management of Non-Conforming Work
- Management Review Function and Value
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories within healthcare services, including those who are accredited to ISO 15189, QSI 2019 (formally ISAS) and IQIPS v2.0. It may be of value for personnel who have responsibility for:
- Service/organisational management and oversight
- Technical service performance of the examinations applied
- Maintenance of the quality management systems of the services delivered
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|23/11/2021 - 25/11/2021||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|
|15/03/2022 - 17/03/2022||Denham Grove, Uxbridge||£1350 exc VAT|