This lively and interactive three-day course will provide the key elements of the Laboratory Internal Audit course and effective Laboratory Management subject matter in relation to healthcare standards.
Delegates will develop an understanding how the organisational processes of a healthcare service provider can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO 15189, IQIPS v2.0 and QSI 2019. They will appreciate how effective service management can be integrated with principles in key areas of compliance, including robust internal audit processes, competence development, non-conformance analysis, management review and their value to excellent service provision.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
NOTE: the ISO 15189-related content of this course relates to the 2012 version of the standard, as these requirements are relevant to medical laboratory services until accreditation applications to the 2012 version of the standard are closed. This course will support services looking to develop a greater awareness of holistic quality management in line with ISO 15189:2012, IQIPS or QSI and to continue to maintain their accredited medical laboratory services until the commencement of their transition to ISO 15189:2022.
This course also refers to the latest version of IQIPS (v2 2020) and the previous version of QSI (2019).
From May 2023, this course will refer to the ISO 15189:2022 standard, the latest version of IQIPS (v2 2020) and the latest version of QSI (2021).
Learning outcomes of this course
UKAS accreditation in this area enables healthcare providers to demonstrate they meet the requirements for an effective quality management system (and compliance with ISO 15189).
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand how the various healthcare standards are used as a framework for business processes, management systems and conformance
- Have insight into the key areas of management systems including roles and responsibilities that will benefit their service
- Understand how to develop effective management controls
- Understand the purpose, as well as the benefits of a quality management system
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The content of this course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Ensuring the validity of results and fitness for purpose
- QMS, document and record control with information management
- Ethical conduct, impartiality and confidentiality
- Structural, organisational and personnel requirements including roles and responsibilities
- Externally provided services and supplies
- Accommodation, environmental conditions, equipment and reagents
- Reporting of results
- Actions to address risks, opportunities and improvement
- Internal audit principles, tools, reports and value
- Management of non-conforming work, feedback and complaints
- Management Review function and value
- Post-course content considering application of technical aspects;
- Metrological and biological traceability
- Selection, verification and validation of procedures
- Evaluation of measurement uncertainty
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories within healthcare services, including those who are accredited to ISO 15189, QSI 2019 (formally ISAS) and IQIPS v2.0. It may be of value for personnel who have responsibility for:
- Service/organisational management and oversight
- Technical service performance of the examinations applied
- Maintenance of the quality management systems of the services delivered
“One of the most engaging and interactive courses I have ever taken online. I enjoyed it very much.” – Edward Scourfield, King’s College London
Learners will be required to complete a pre-course exercise for this course and must ensure that approximately four hours is dedicated to this activity prior to attending.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|If you are interested in being placed on the waitlist for a full course, please complete the training enquiry form and a member of the UKAS Academy team will be in touch.|