This lively and interactive three-day course will provide the key elements of the Laboratory Internal Audit course and effective Laboratory Management subject matter in relation to healthcare standards.
Delegates will develop an understanding how the organisational processes of a healthcare service provider can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO 15189, IQIPS v2.0 and QSI 2019. They will appreciate how effective service management can be integrated with principles in key areas of compliance, including robust internal audit processes, competence development, non-conformance analysis, management review and their value to excellent service provision.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
UKAS accreditation in this area enables healthcare providers to demonstrate they meet the requirements for an effective quality management system (and compliance with ISO 15189).
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Understand how the various healthcare standards are used as a framework for business processes, management systems and conformance
- Have insight into the key areas of management systems including roles and responsibilities that will benefit their service
- Understand how to develop effective management controls
- Understand the purpose, as well as the benefits of a quality management system
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The content of this course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Ensuring the validity of results and fitness for purpose
- QMS, document and record control with information management
- Ethical conduct, impartiality and confidentiality
- Structural, organisational and personnel requirements including roles and responsibilities
- Externally provided services and supplies
- Accommodation, environmental conditions, equipment and reagents
- Reporting of results
- Actions to address risks, opportunities and improvement
- Internal audit principles, tools, reports and value
- Management of non-conforming work, feedback and complaints
- Management Review function and value
- Post-course content considering application of technical aspects;
- Metrological and biological traceability
- Selection, verification and validation of procedures
- Evaluation of measurement uncertainty
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories within healthcare services, including those who are accredited to ISO 15189, QSI 2019 (formally ISAS) and IQIPS v2.0. It may be of value for personnel who have responsibility for:
- Service/organisational management and oversight
- Technical service performance of the examinations applied
- Maintenance of the quality management systems of the services delivered
“One of the most engaging and interactive courses I have ever taken online. I enjoyed it very much.” – Edward Scourfield, King’s College London
Learners will be required to complete a pre-course exercise for this course and must ensure that approximately four hours is dedicated to this activity prior to attending.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
The fees shown in each of the individual programmes are subject to the following discounts for multiple bookings on the same course:
- Second delegate (5% discount)
- Third delegate (8% discount)
- Fourth and subsequent delegates (10% discount)
- Meet the trainers
|14/03/2023 - 16/03/2023||Virtual course||£1350 exc VAT|