» Apply for accreditation
UKAS accreditation is granted to organisations who have demonstrated that they fully meet the requirements of relevant national and international standards.
Who seeks accreditation?
UKAS accredits testing laboratories, medical laboratories, calibration laboratories, certification bodies, inspection bodies, proficiency testing providers, reference material producers, diagnostic imaging services, physiological services, medical reference measurement laboratories and notified bodies.
NOTE: There are differing requirements for applications for accreditation from organisations based outside the United Kingdom. Further information is available here.
Application for accreditation
You can apply for accreditation using the UKAS online application forms. Please note the online application forms have recently been made available so are still in the Beta testing phase. Whilst we are in this test phase you have the option to download a Word version of the forms.To apply for accreditation please download and complete the relevant application form(s).
UKAS Agreement - please read, sign and submit this Agreement with the Word version of the application form.
To extend your accreditation scope, please complete the relevant extension to scope online application form or download a Word version of the forms. (NB: The extension to scope form is located towards the back of the application form.)
Please also refer to the UKAS Standard Terms of Business for a list of current fees.
To submit your application please download the relevant application form(s) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the UKAS Agreement and your supporting documents
- UKAS Agreement
- UKAS Application Form
- AC1 Certification Body Accreditation Application Form
- AC2 Inspection Body Accreditation Application Form
- AC3 Calibration Laboratory Accreditation Application Form
- AC4 Testing Laboratory Accreditation Application Form
- AC5 Proficiency Testing EQA Provider (ISO/IEC 17043) Application Form
- AC6 Medical Testing Laboratory Accreditation Application Form
- AC7 Reference Material Producer (ISO Guide 34) Application Form
- Confidentiality Waiver - Notified Bodies
- The Route to Accreditation
- How much does it cost to gain accreditation?
- How long will it take to gain accreditation?
- What are the benefits of being accredited?
- What is the value of a pre-assessment?
- Request a hard copy application pack
- Register your interest
- Details of applicable standards can be obtained from UKAS and copies are available from BSI publications (Tel: 020 89969001)
- UKAS also operates a new product development programme. Further information is contained in the development of new areas of accreditation
- Extending your accreditation – how to prepare for an extension to scope, how to apply for an extension to scope.