UKAS accreditation is granted to organisations who have demonstrated that they fully meet the requirements of relevant national and international standards.
Who seeks accreditation?
UKAS accredits testing laboratories, medical laboratories, calibration laboratories, certification bodies, inspection bodies, proficiency testing providers, reference material producers, diagnostic imaging services, physiological services, medical reference measurement laboratories and notified bodies.
NOTE: There are differing requirements for applications for accreditation from organisations based outside the United Kingdom. Further information is available here.
- Supporting information for applying for accreditation
- Application forms – to apply for accreditation please download and complete the relevant application form(s) from our webpage.
- Extend your accreditation scope – please complete the relevant AC form from the list below and submit via email with all supporting documents
- UKAS Agreement – applications forms need to be submitted to [email protected] with a signed copy of the UKAS agreement.
- UKAS Standard Terms of Business / UKAS Terms and Conditions of Business for Imaging Services
- Documents specifically relating to COVID-19 sampling and testing applications can be found on the applications page
- Accreditation costs
To learn more about the typical example costs associated with accreditation from laboratories to certification bodies to inspection bodies click here.
- Overseas (Non-UK) applications
Information about applications for accreditation from organisations based outside of the United Kingdom is available on our Overseas (non UK) application page
- Useful Links