Our Vision, Mission & Values
UKAS delivers the UK’s National Accreditation Service.
We underpin the UK and global quality infrastructure with our independence and expertise, creating trust and confidence in the products and services we all rely upon.
To be the world’s foremost accreditation body, recognised and respected for the development and delivery of accreditation services for the benefit of society now and in the future.
Working alongside our customers and in collaboration with UK Government and key stakeholders, our mission is to build a world of trust and confidence in the products and services accreditation underpins.
In all that we do, we are committed to highest levels of quality and service. We are dedicated to working with integrity and responsibility to ensure we accomplish our role as the UK’s National Accreditation Body. Our ethos is to:
- put the health and safety of our staff and contractors first;
- serve society and work in the public interest;
- uphold quality and technical excellence throughout all areas of accreditation;
- be aware of and aim to reduce our impact on the environment;
- work collaboratively with customers, stakeholders and UK Government;
- create consistency and mutual recognition with our international partners;
- be independent, and act with impartiality;
- be ambitious in expanding the frontiers of accreditation;
- be self-financing and operate on a ‘not-for profit’ basis;
- continually reinvest to ensure the UK benefits from the most competent, knowledgeable and comprehensive national accreditation service possible.
Our Strategic Priorities
To deliver this Vision, Mission and Values we will focus on five core strategic priorities:
- To excel in areas of technical expertise and service
- To be agile, enabling the organisation to adapt and innovate
- To be perceptive in developing talent and building knowledge
- To deliver financial stability and productivity
- To be respected and recognised as the world’s foremost accreditation body
The growth and diversification of UKAS has been built on core values that have underpinned our activities for many years.
These values are: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence which form the acronym: PRIDE.
These values set us apart from other organisations, requiring that we think and act differently, resulting in a clearly defined UKAS brand that is highly respected in the marketplace. They are imprinted in our DNA, making us who we are today and setting the foundation for the UKAS of the future.
If these values resonate with you, then do visit our Careers section to find out about current opportunities.