This course introduces the concept of Measurement Uncertainty in laboratory accreditation, its importance and its prevalence in ISO/IEC 17025. The module is designed as a tool to support current and prospective UKAS customers and anyone interesting in gaining a basic understanding of the concepts associated with Measurement Uncertainty.
This module covers the following aspects
- Measurement uncertainty definitions
- Uncertainty budgets
- GUM (Guide to Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement)
- Validity of results
- Choice of Uncertainty
- Contributing factors
- Uncertainty in ISO/IEC 17025
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be able to define measurement uncertainty in simple terms.
- Understand what constitutes an uncertainty budget, consider the factors in their workplace and how they might create their budget.
- Be aware of the measurement uncertainty requirements within ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and what they mean.
Who should enrol?
Current and prospective customers, stakeholders, students and those interested in gaining a basic understanding of measurement uncertainty alongside the associated requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
£50 excluding VAT
Please note: online payment by credit card only
This training is presented as self-paced, modular online eLearning. After your payment for this training is processed, you will receive an email including a link to access the course material. This is available 24/7 and will be accessible to you for 12 months from the date of purchase.
When completed, you will be issued with a certificate of completion.