- ISO/IEC 17020
Inspection Body Accreditation
Supporting organisations performing various types of inspection, surveys and risk assessments across all sectors
Inspection services play an important role in providing assurance of the operational safety of many items which are used in everyday life. Accreditation demonstrates the technical competence of organisations to perform inspections of products, services, processes, installations and design.
Accreditation recognises competence against national and international standards which allows inspections reports to be more acceptable for overseas and domestic markets. Inspection bodies can be accredited once and accepted anywhere to improve their competitiveness.
Examples of inspection activity include;
- Engineering Inspection (including Pressure Systems, lifting equipment/Hoists, electrical installations, power presses, local exhaust ventilation, cargo / pre-shipment inspection, manufacture of boilers / pressure vessels, welding inspections, oil and gas metering)
Building and Construction Products
- Food and Agriculture Inspection (food safety, food hygiene, manufacturing and processed practices, cargo inspection, animal welfare, plant health)
- Asbestos Inspection
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Health and Social Care
- Care Home Inspection
- Nuclear New Build Inspection
- Fire Protection Systems
- Crime Scene Examination
- Railway Competence
- Environmental Technology Verification
UKAS Training Academy
To support our accreditation work, the UKAS Training Academy offers a range of public and on-site training courses. Our portfolio of courses provide UK & overseas delegates with knowledge and best practice of accreditation practices and conformity assessment systems.
To find out more about courses specific to this standard, click here.
How to apply
Complete the application form relevant to your application – this will include details of what to submit, including key policy and procedure documents and proof of legal status, to ensure swift processing.
Please download and complete the relevant application form(s) to apply for accreditation here.