This two-day course provides delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 and related UK and international guidance, and its application to accreditation for various types of inspection activity. The course will also include an introduction to the UKAS assessment and accreditation process.
The course aims to help delegates increase their awareness of the standard and its application in differing inspection body environments with reference to UKAS processes used for assessment and reporting purposes. Additionally, key differences between ISO/IEC 17020: 2012 and other accreditation conformity assessment standards used for accreditation will be highlighted where relevant.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
By the end of this course, delegates will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the standard, delivered by practising UKAS lead assessors
- The ability to successfully apply the standard to meet the requirements for impartiality, resource, process, management systems and independence
- Practical ideas to implement effective processes to deliver inspection services
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Scope, Definitions and Principles
- Impartiality and Independence
- Organisation and Management
- Resource, Competence and Personnel
- Facilities and Equipment
- Inspection Method and Procedures
- Handling Samples
- Complaints and Appeals
- Management System Requirements
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at any individual responsible for some aspect of quality and/or technical support activity within their inspection body. This could include:
- Technical Managers
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Officers
- ISO/IEC 17020 Technical Assessors and Consultants
- The course will be particularly useful for those looking to gain accreditation.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
Meet the trainers
All UKAS trainers are dedicated professionals with years of practical experience in their specialist areas. Many UKAS trainers have previously worked as Assessment Managers, giving delegates the benefit of their wealth of knowledge.
|13/04/2023 - 14/04/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|
|14/06/2023 - 15/06/2023||Moor Hall, Maidenhead||£1125 exc VAT|
|19/07/2023 - 20/07/2023||Ashorne Hill, Leamington Spa||£1125 exc VAT|
|13/09/2023 - 14/09/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|
|31/10/2023 - 01/11/2023||Moor Hall, Maidenhead||£1125 exc VAT|
|09/01/2024 - 10/01/2024||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|
|13/03/2024 - 14/03/2024||Ashorne Hill, Leamington Spa||£1125 exc VAT|