» Technical Bulletin – ISO 45001 Migration – Documentation Requirements: Guidance to Certification Bodies
09 February, 2018
The IAF Migration document for ISO 45001 (IAF MD 21) states that: -
‘For accredited OHSAS 18001:2007 CB’s that have issued only accredited OHSAS 18001:2007 certificates, at a minimum the AB shall conduct a documentation review for a minimum of one assessor man-day.
a. If the output of the review is positive the new accreditation certificate may be issued.
b. If the output is negative the AB will decide about any additional evaluation needed (i.e. additional documentation review or an office assessment or witnessing an audit conducted by the CB)’.
UKAS has published its transition process in a letter and technical bulletin which state that the basis for the migration will be a document review in accordance with IAF MD21. If the document review is fully successful accreditation can be granted. However, if there are significant issues with the document review, UKAS will require a witnessed assessment, and in significant cases, head office assessment.
The aim of this technical bulletin is to provide guidance on the documentation required for the document review. A full and complete set of documents will increase the likelihood of a Certification Body achieving accreditation from the documentation review process.
The Certification Body should provide a full set of documents to demonstrate that the requirements of ISO 45001 have been fully implemented within its processes for certification under ISO/IEC 17021-1 for ISO 45001: -
- Gap analysis and implementation plan.
- Changes to procedures and work instructions as applicable.
- Updates to competence criteria and evaluation processes for all functions.
- Evidence that auditors and other roles have demonstrated the stated competences.
- Information on how the updated competence criteria were developed.
- Copies of any training materials.
- Evidence that IAF MD 22 has been taken into account.
- Any change of format to reporting formats and templates.
- Communications to clients, including details of the approach to migrate clients from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 (specifically what the information to clients will be).
- Example of a certificate for ISO 45001: 2018.
- For multi-site CBs, evidence of implementation across the organisation.
Should you require any clarification on the above, please contact your Assessment Manager; Leanie Du Toit: UKAS Technical Focus Person for OHSMS - Leanie.DuToit@ukas.com; or Kevin Belson: Technical Manager - email@example.com