This highly interactive two-day course provides an understanding of ISO/IEC 17043 – the International Standard relating to conformity assessment in proficiency testing. Proficiency Testing (PT) schemes accredited to this standard have demonstrated robust and impartial quality approaches that can be trusted by the users of these schemes.
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the requirements for quality and competence for PT scheme providers. The awareness gained will be useful in preparing for accreditation as a PT scheme provider, as well as for those who have already been assessed and accredited to 17043:2010 to gain enhanced awareness of effective QMS mechanisms and UKAS application and assessment processes.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
This course focuses on understanding and applying the standard to ensure effective scheme design and conformity in an assessment context.
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Develop the knowledge required to structure quality management systems
- Be confident to identify critical aspects of their own organisation to ensure conformance with 17043:2010
- Develop awareness of the association with accreditation requirements of ISO 17011:2017 and the impact of PT provision on other accredited services
- Have the skills and knowledge to undertake a structured preparation for UKAS application and assessment to support on-going conformance
- Understand the associations between PT schemes, 17043:2010 and organisations such as UK JWC, NQQAP and international regulatory bodies
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
Continued Professional Development (CPD)
The content of this course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles.
- Scheme Framework
- Sample Preparation
- Importance of Analysis Design
- Fitness for Purpose/Validation of Scheme
- Effective QMS Mechanisms
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any individuals responsible for, or involved in, the management of services, quality support and/or technical management of schemes relating to PT or External Quality Assurance (EQA) in the following roles:
- Service/Organisation Managers
- PT Scheme Managers, Leads and Coordinators
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Officers
Delegates will be sent a pre-course exercise before attending and are asked to set aside approximately two hours to complete this.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
- Meet the trainers
|31/05/2023 - 01/06/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|
|25/10/2023 - 26/10/2023||Ashorne Hill, Leamington Spa||£1125 exc VAT|