This highly interactive two-day course provides an understanding of ISO/IEC 17043 – the International Standard relating to conformity assessment in proficiency testing. Proficiency Testing (PT) schemes accredited to this standard have demonstrated robust and impartial quality approaches that can be trusted by the users of these schemes.
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the requirements for quality and competence of proficiency testing (PT) providers. The awareness gained will be useful in preparing for accreditation and developing as a PT provider, as well as for those who have already been assessed and accredited to ISO/IEC 17043 to gain enhanced awareness of effective QMS mechanisms, scheme design and an outline of the assessment processes.
Please ensure you read the minimum requirements for this course before booking to attend.
Learning outcomes of this course
This course focuses on understanding and applying the standard to ensure effective scheme design, management system implementation and conformity in an assessment context.
By the end of this course, delegates will:
- Develop the knowledge required to structure and implement effective management systems.
- Be confident in identifying critical aspects of their own organisation to ensure conformance with 17043:2023.
- Develop awareness of the association with accreditation requirements of ISO/IEC 17011:2017 and the impact of PT provision on other accredited services.
- Understand the associations between PT providers, their schemes, 17043:2023 conformity and organisations that oversee the participant and scheme performance.
Delegates who attend the course in full will receive a certificate of attendance once their invoice has been settled.
- Scheme design and framework
- Determining fitness for purpose and validation of scheme
- Resource, personnel and competence requirements
- Scheme item preparation and quality control
- Importance of robust analysis of scheme design
- Outline of statistical method review using ISO 13528
- Effective management system mechanisms
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any individuals responsible for, or involved in, the management of services, quality support and/or technical management of schemes relating to PT or External Quality Assurance (EQA) in the following roles:
- Service/Organisation Managers
- PT Scheme Managers, Leads and Coordinators
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Officers
Delegates will be required to complete a pre-course exercise before attending and are asked to set aside approximately two hours to complete this.
Delegates will need access to the ISO/IEC 17043:2023 Standard, either electronic or hard copy. Standards can be purchased from BSI or ISO.
UKAS Academy virtual courses are usually delivered via the Adobe Connect application. Download links for this free programme can be found within our minimum requirements.
Any additional requirements will be detailed in the joining instructions sent after a booking has been confirmed.
- Meet the trainers
|30/11/2023 - 01/12/2023||Virtual course||£1125 exc VAT|