The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is looking for an Accreditation Specialist to join our Development and Scheme Integrity team.
The role offers an excellent opportunity to candidates who are passionate about accreditation and improving standards within industry.
If you have a genuine interest and desire to develop the wider accreditation market though the exciting and varied work undertaken in our development team, this would be ideal for you.
The role will suit you if you have:
- Proven experience of working with, or conducting, accreditation or conformity assessment activities.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline or extensive industrial experience.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Understanding and knowledge across a broad range of accreditation services and the requirements of operating as a national accreditation body.
- Excellent project management skills.
Experience of multiple accreditation standards is desirable, but not essential. One of the key attributes being looked for is the ability of the role holder to develop their own knowledge and understanding to better direct projects in areas of accreditation different from their current background or competence.
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of assessing or delivering a wide range of certification schemes (ISO/IEC 17065, ISO 17024, ISO/IEC 17021)
- Experience and understanding of accreditation for validation and verification activities (ISO 14065 and ISO 17029)
- Experience in Environmental management and sustainability and/or Food and Farming.
This exciting and challenging role requires travel mainly within the UK with overnight stays (some international travel may be required).
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy, please contact Lorraine Turner on +44 (0)1784 429000.
- Accreditation Specialist – Development Job Description
- Privacy notice
- Our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) commitment
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Fostering a Culture of Belonging
UKAS is proud to be the United Kingdom’s sole Accreditation Body. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. UKAS is committed to promoting a culture of belonging and values the differences and uniqueness that everyone brings to the organisation.
To enquire or apply for this role please provide your contact details, your current CV and any other related documents/information.