Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager in the Electrical Calibration Sector. This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have experience and detailed technical expertise in one or more fields of DC, LF, RF or microwave calibration;
- Have a sound understanding of ISO/IEC 17025, preferably with practical laboratory experience within an ISO/IEC 17025 measurement environment;
- Have appropriate technical education in an engineering discipline, with a keen interest in sound metrology practices;
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and stakeholders at all levels
- Ideally have hands on experience in laboratory calibration auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing and conducting the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK. They will appoint assessment teams, lead and participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive UK travel with overnight stays and some overseas travel is required as part of this demanding but rewarding role.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Sam Giles on +44 (0)1784 429000
Please provide your details and apply for this job by clicking here: Careers@ukas.com