Competitive salary + benefits
UK Home Based
Are you a quality management or health and safety professional with a keen eye for detail and a passion for improving the quality of service to the end user?
UKAS are looking for a candidate to join us in the role of Assessment Manager & UKAS HSE Advisor. This role will be responsible for managing the accreditation of customers operating across a variety of technical sectors as well as acting as the UKAS Health, Safety and Environmental Management Advisor.
The role of Assessment Manager acts as the key contact point for all aspects of the customer’s relationship with UKAS and proactively manages this relationship, providing support and guidance to the customer at all levels in relation to UKAS processes. In addition, as the UKAS Health, Safety and Environmental Management Advisor, the role will involve advising UKAS on policy, risk management and ensuring UKAS’ compliance to relevant statutory and HSE best practice requirements.
The key attributes necessary for success in this role are as follows:
- Able to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of customer service whilst maintaining the level of technical rigour within H&S management systems that our stakeholders expect.
- Working experience of current HSE management practices in the workplace.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills: socially confident with others, able to put people at ease, enjoys dealing with people.
- Proven project management skills – sets clear direction, organises resources well to meet deadlines and able to lead teams when required.
- Sound business acumen – able to understand a business strategy, identifying likely benefits/risks and how UKAS could support that strategy.
- Adaptability – able to identify how and why businesses use accreditation across a multitude of standards and can recognise the challenges and identify solutions to the challenges that working across geographies and cultures presents to accreditation.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years practical experience within health and safety management systems and certification schemes
- Have a minimum of health and safety diploma from avenues including but not exclusive to NEBOSH, NVQ or university degree and Membership of a professional institute such as IOSH.
- Have some experience of internal auditing and ideally in the application of either ISO/IEC 17025, ISO/IEC 17020, ISO/IEC 17021 or ISO/IEC 17065
- Have a good up to date knowledge of workplace health and safety issues.
- Ideally would have demonstrable experience in implementing health and safety in industry.
The role is remote-based with the expectation of travelling to customer sites; meet and liaise with colleagues across the business and/or external stakeholders as required. The travel will be mainly within the UK (international travel is also likely to be required), with regular overnight stays.
Please provide your details and apply for this job by clicking here: email@example.com