Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK Home Based
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager in the Dimensional Calibration Sector. This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Be experienced in the field of dimensional calibration and have a sound understanding of ISO/IEC17025:2017.
- Have hands on experience working in dimensional calibration laboratories.
- Ideally have experience of calibration laboratory auditing or assessment and be able to formulate uncertainty budgets to BIPM publication JCGM 100:2008 “Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement” (GUM), UKAS publication M3003 or other recognised forms of analysis.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and stakeholders at all levels
- Ideally have hands on experience in laboratory calibration auditing or assessment with a mind-set of adding value.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing and conducting the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK. They will appoint assessment teams, lead and participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive UK travel with overnight stays and some overseas travel is required as part of this demanding but rewarding role.
If you would like to discuss the details of this vacancy please contact Sam Giles on +44 (0)1784 429000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org