UKAS is actively seeking assessors in any of the pathology disciplines listed below:
- Cellular Pathology
- Molecular Genetics
- Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
Applicants should have:
- A number of years practical experience, preferably at a senior level, and possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge of the techniques in their specific discipline.
- A firm understanding of the principles of validation, verification and quality control procedures, and of their effective implementation, including use of reference materials, participation in Proficiency Testing schemes and management of analytical quality control schemes, as well as issues such as traceability, calibration and uncertainty of measurement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
Additionally, applicants would benefit from:
- A working knowledge of the international standard ISO 15189, although training will be available.
- Some experience of internal or external auditing.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact Ben Courtney at [email protected]