UKAS is actively seeking clinical assessors (medical consultants or clinical scientists) in any of the pathology disciplines listed below:
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Microbiology and Virology
- Cellular Pathology/Neuropathology
UKAS would also welcome applications to be an assessor in any of the pathology disciplines listed below:
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Virology sequencing and/or PCR (excluding closed cartridge based systems)
Applicants should have:
- At least five years practical experience and possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge of their specific discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
Additionally, applicants would benefit from:
- A working knowledge of the international standard ISO 15189 and ISO 22870, although training will be available.
- Some experience of internal or external auditing.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact Nick Gibbons on 01784 429000 or email [email protected]