UKAS is actively seeking clinical assessors (medical consultants or clinical scientists) in any of the pathology disciplines listed below:
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- Microbiology and Virology
- Cellular Pathology/Neuropathology
UKAS would also welcome applications to be an assessor in any of the pathology disciplines listed below:
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Virology sequencing and/or PCR (excluding closed cartridge based systems)
Applicants should have:
- At least five years practical experience and possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge of their specific discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
Additionally, applicants would benefit from:
- A working knowledge of the international standard ISO 15189 and ISO 22870, although training will be available.
- Some experience of internal or external auditing.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Andy Green on 07827 096408 or email [email protected]