The UKAS Engineering team is looking for independent technical assessors for mechanical and physical testing in the metallurgical sector.
Suitable applicants would have experience in testing in any of the following areas:
- Metallurgical testing to include hardness, impact, fracture, tensile and sheer testing
Suitable applicants will:
- Have several years practical experience within the metallurgical mechanical and physical testing sector.
- Possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge relevant to their field of expertise including industry standard methods
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
- Have experience of working in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratory
- Some experience of internal or external auditing would be beneficial although training will be available.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Andy Green on 07827 096408 or email [email protected]