UKAS is looking for independent technical assessors with a background in radiochemistry.
Suitable applicants would have experience in radiochemical methodologies, preparation of counting sources and associated detection techniques (alpha spectrometry, liquid scintillation, gamma spectrometry, proportional counting) in at least one of the following areas:
- Testing of environmental samples such as soils, waters, leachates, air samples, food stuffs and vegetation in support of Environmental Radioactivity monitoring.
- Testing of decommissioning and waste samples such as metals, effluents, process liquors, concrete, brick, dust, plastics.
- Testing of bioassay samples such as urines and faeces in support of Personnel Monitoring.
- Testing of product samples such as Uranium /Plutonium compounds (e.g. oxides).
Suitable applicants will:
- Have several years’ practical experience within a relevant sector.
- Possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge relevant to their field of expertise including industry standard methods.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
- Have experience of working in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratory.
- Some experience of internal or external auditing would be beneficial although training will be available.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, either as self-employed contractors or through their current employer. The level of work is dependent on the needs of our customers and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work, but our technical assessors can expect to be contracted for a minimum of approximately 15 days per year.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Andy Green on 07827 096408 or email [email protected]