Are you a quality management professional with a keen eye for detail and a passion for improving the quality of service to the end user?
UKAS are looking for candidates to join us in the role of Certification Technical assessor. This role will be responsible for assessing the accreditation of customers operating across a variety of technical sectors, and we are particularly interested in candidates with experience in the following sectors:
Leather and Leather Products IAF QMS 5
Pulp, paper and paper products IAF QMS 7
Publishing Companies IAF QMS 8
Nuclear Fuel IAF QMS 11
Ship Building IAF QMS 20
Electrical Supply IAF QMS 25
Gas supplies IAF QMS 26
Transport, storage and communication IAF QMS 31
Financial intermediation, real estate and renting IAF QMS 32
Health and social work IAF QMS 38
The key attributes necessary for success in this role are as follows:
- Able to ensure the delivery of excellent standards of customer service whilst maintaining the level of technical rigour that our stakeholders expect.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills: socially confident with others, able to put people at ease, enjoys dealing with people.
- Adaptability – able to understand how and why businesses use accreditation across specific standards recognising risks/opportunities whilst identify solutions to the challenges that working across geographies and cultures presents to accreditation.
The successful applicant will:
- Have demonstrable practical experience in the certification body sector, particularly the design and implementation of management systems.
- Ideally be educated to degree/HND or equivalent.
- Have some experience of third party auditing and ideally in the application of ISO/IEC 17021 along with ISO 9001.
- The ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
The role is contract based with the expectation of travelling to customer sites; meet and liaise with colleagues across the business as part of an assessment team and/or external stakeholders as required. The travel will be within the UK along with international travel being required and regular overnight stays.
To express an initial interest in becoming an assessor, please send a copy of your CV demonstrating suitability against the above specification to [email protected]