UKAS is looking for Independent Analytical Chemistry Technical Assessors for a range of sectors including Environmental Chemistry, Metals/Alloys testing, Paints/Coatings, Oil and Gas and General Chemistry.
Suitable applicants would have experience in chemical and/or physical testing in one or more of the following areas:
- Testing of soils, waters and air samples, using organic or inorganic analytical techniques, in support of Environmental monitoring.
- Testing of metals and alloys (including precious metals and alloys) using both traditional wet chemistry and instrumental techniques.
- Testing of paints and coatings, coating thickness, opacity, coverage, tint, weathering and brightness etc.
- Testing of oils, fuels and gases for a variety of determinants using traditional wet chemistry and instrumental techniques
- General chemistry, materials testing of plastics, concrete, aggregates, mortars and engineering soils using both traditional wet chemistry and instrumental techniques.
Suitable applicants will:
- Have several years’ practical experience within a relevant sector
- Possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge relevant to their field of expertise including industry standard methods and relevant sector schemes
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and their customers at all levels.
- Have experience of working in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratory
- Some experience of internal or external auditing would be beneficial although training will be available.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, either as self-employed contractors or through their current employer. The level of work is dependent on the needs of our customers and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work, but our analytical chemistry technical assessors can expect to be contracted for a minimum of approximately 20 days per year.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Andy Green on 07827 096408 or email [email protected]