UKAS is looking for independent technical assessors in the following disciplines for the assessment of accredited and applicant certification bodies.
- Construction Products Regulations
- National Highway Sector Schemes
- Manufacture of Construction Products
- Steel Structures
- Modern methods of Construction
- Micro-generation Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Fire prevention/protection
- Competent Persons Schemes (including but not limited to electrical installation, plumbing and heating, insulation, roofing)
Applicants must have a number of years of experience in relevant industry sectors for example: building control, product certification, highway works, production plus hold appropriate qualifications. Knowledge of the more specialist certification areas would be particularly valuable. Experience of internal or third-party auditing or assessment, as would knowledge of ISO 17065, ISO 17020 and ISO 17021.
As this role involves the assessment of accredited bodies, UKAS will unfortunately not be able to progress applications where the applicant currently conducts a significant volume of work for, or has conflicts of interest with, several UKAS accredited bodies.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of above opportunities, please contact Talent Acquisition Manager, Andy Green on 07827 096408 or email [email protected]