UKAS is looking for independent technical assessors for force calibration. Successful applicants will have an understanding of some or all of the following:
Uniaxial Material testing machines
- Use and application of material testing machines, extensometers and displacement measurement devices used in the material testing industry.
- Understanding of alignment and restraint
- To have a general knowledge of both dimensional and force calibration techniques and various types of measuring devices such as electrical load cells & mechanical proving rings
- Understanding and application of uncertainty contributions affecting calibration of force measuring devices, extensometers, linear displacement transducers and length measuring systems.
- Awareness of standard specifications for concrete cube testing machines, including BS EN 12390-4 and BS EN ISO 7500-1
- Awareness of standard specifications for bituminous and asphalt mixture testing machines, including BS EN ISO 7500-1 and BS 598:part 107
- Awareness of standard specifications, including BS 1377, BS EN ISO 9513 ASTM E83, and BS ISO 5893.
Impact testing machines
- Use and application of Impact testing machines and devices
- To have a general knowledge of basic dimensional, mass and force measuring techniques
- Awareness of standard specifications for impact calibration and verification, including BS EN 10045, BS 131 & BS ISO 13802, ASTM E-23 and BS EN 60068-2-63
- Understanding and application of uncertainty contributions affecting calibration of impact testing machines and devices.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact the Operations Support Team on 01784 429000 or email [email protected]