UKAS is looking for independent technical assessors for hardness calibration. Successful applicants will have a knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Use and application of hardness testing machines and calibration machines. Familiarity of associated instruments used in the calibration of hardness reference blocks and hardness indenters such as, Optical flats, Surface roughness instruments, Optical projectors, Scanning measuring systems and Autocollimators.
- Use and application of hardness and hardness testing machines, with familiarity of associated instruments such as, gauge blocks, and load cell measuring equipment.
- Measurement of linear scale errors using gauge blocks, digital depth devices, and / or laser interferometers. Measurement of force using load cells. Measurement of optical / scanning measuring systems.
- Awareness of standards and specifications applicable to hardness calibration machines and testing machines BS EN ISO 6506, BS EN ISO 6507, BS EN ISO 6508 and BS EN ISO 4545 and BS ISO 48-9. Understanding and application of uncertainty contributions affecting calibrations of machine hardness errors.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact the Operations Support Team on 01784 429000 or email [email protected].com
- Further information on how to apply can be found here
- Candidate Privacy Notice