UKAS is looking for independent technical assessors for optical calibration. Successful applicants will have a knowledge and understanding of some or all of the following:
- Extensive practical and technically focussed knowledge of optical measurements of filters, liquids, lenses, light sources, detectors, fibre optics or lasers. This would include transmittance, reflectance, optical rotation, refractive index, photometry, spectroradiometry, Fibre optic power meters and laser power.
- Practical experience in a measurement laboratory environment practising optical calibration, including specialist experience in the following; spectrophotometry, refractometry, polarimetry, colourimetry, photometry, laser power and fibre optics.
- For fibre optics calibrations additional knowledge of data transfer and modulation techniques would be an advantage.
- Specialist experience of laser and laser diode types along with laser power standards BS EN 60825 and BS EN 62471 would be essential.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact the Operations Support Team on 01784 429000 or email [email protected]
- Further information on how to apply can be found here
- Candidate Privacy Notice