We are currently looking to expand our team of PPE Independent Technical Assessors. The post involves accreditation of Product Certification Providers, Testing Laboratories and related activities which includes on-site Head Office assessment, witness assessments and reporting using a range of proven tools and techniques.
In particular UKAS are inviting applications from persons with expertise in:
- Eye Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Chemical Protection
- Radiation Protection
- Falls From a height
- Protection from Noise
- Protective Clothing
- Protective Footwear
Successful applicants will exhibit:
- Clearly expressed knowledge of the application of Product certification management systems and certification schemes.
- Have experience of working in an ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory
- Have a number of year’s practical experience within the PPE sector
- Strong communication skills, experience with engaging stakeholders at all levels.
- Possess up-to-date and detailed knowledge relevant to their field of expertise including industry standard methods
- An enthusiasm and belief in modern quality philosophy and practice.
- Experience of auditing or assessment techniques with a Value-Added approach.
- Ability to produce high quality well-reasoned reports and written work.
It is important that our assessors are acceptable to a wide range of accredited bodies, and therefore it is important that they can demonstrate a good degree of impartiality.
UKAS contracts independent technical assessors on a day rate basis, the level of work depends on the demands that our customers place on us and therefore UKAS cannot guarantee specific levels of work.
If you are interested and would like to discuss the details of the above opportunities please contact Nick Gibbons on 07786 254071 or email [email protected]