» Accreditation of Inspection Bodies for Risk Assessments for Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
06 May, 2016
Call for Expressions of Interest
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service is proposing to establish a project to develop accreditation for ISO/IEC 17020, Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection for risk assessment for Pseudomonas aeruginosa in water and/or water quality in general.
UKAS intends to run a pilot programme and is inviting expressions of interest from organisations that wish to seek accreditation for this activity.
Participants in the pilot assessment programme will be required to agree to the terms of reference of the pilot and will be subject to assessment by UKAS against the international standard ISO/IEC 17020.
The pilot programme will consist of the following key stages:
- Deadline 17 May 2016 Expressions of interest from potential applicants
- September 2016 (Date to be announced) Consultation meeting at the UKAS offices with those who expressed interest to participate in the pilot including key stakeholders to discuss the objectives and terms of the pilot
- Deadline 30 December 2016 Applications for accreditation
- Planning and assessment of pilot applicants
- 30 August 2017 Announcement of first tranche of accreditations
- Review/lessons learned discussion with stakeholders
Those organisations that have sent an expression of interest for the pilot project by the deadline of 17 May 2016 will be invited to attend the meeting of interested parties in September 2016. Depending on the numbers expressing interest, it may be necessary to restrict the number of delegates attending form each organisation.
Please note that attendance at this meeting is a requirement for those interested in participating in the pilot project. If you are unable to send a representative, please send apologies so that we are aware of your continued interest. Those who wish to express an interest to participate in the pilot programme are requested to contact the UKAS Development Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org and provide their contact details, no later than 17 May 2016.
Potential applicants may obtain copies of the Pilot Terms of Reference from the above email address.