» ISO/IEC 17020 Accreditation for Crime Scene Investigation – Expression of Interest Notice
15 December, 2010
Call for expressions of interest to participate in pilot accreditation programme
UKAS is developing accreditation for scene of crime investigation. Accreditation will be to the international standard ISO/IEC 17020 - General criteria for the operation of various types of inspection bodies performing inspection.
UKAS is inviting expressions of interest, from UK based bodies who undertake scene of crime investigation, to participate in a pilot assessment programme.
Indicative timescales for the project are given below;
• Invitation for expressions of interest from inspection bodies: December 2010 – January 2011
• Identification of bodies to be involved in pilot programme: February 2011
• Formal application to UKAS (including submission of supporting documentation): March – April 2011
• Assessments conducted: May - October 2011
• Close-out of all improvement actions: January 2012
• Grant of accreditation to all pilot organisations meeting accreditation requirements: February 2012
Further information on this new area of accreditation can be found in the paper ISO/IEC 17020 Accreditation for Crime Scene Investigation 2013 An overview
Expressions of interest in the UKAS pilot assessment programme should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Susie Millar and should arrive no later than 28 January 2011.