10:00 am – 11:00 am
The Health and Safety Executive will imminently publish revisions to its Guidance document, HSG 248 The Analysts’ Guide.
In preparation, HSE would like to promote and relay the importance of the revised Guidance in support of its implementation. Further, given the inextricable link between Regulation and Accreditation in asbestos testing, UKAS would like to clarify the process of how changes to existing test and sampling methodologies will need to be demonstrated by Laboratories, in order to ensure the continuity of their accreditation.
UKAS and HSE will therefore be hosting a webinar on Monday 17th May, to provide detail of the transition process for laboratories that are currently accredited for:
- Sampling of air for fibre counting
- Fibre counting (PLM/PCM)
- Fibre counting (air and/or bulk) and identification (SEM/TEM)
- 4 Stage Clearance Process
- Identification of asbestos in bulk materials
- Sampling of bulk materials for asbestos identification
- Asbestos in soils – primarily identification, but also of interest to those laboratories that retain accreditation for quantification purposes.
Why should you attend:
- Laboratories – to appreciate the continuing relevance of the revised HSG 248 and gain clarity on the transition steps required to the satisfy the revised Guidance
- Opportunity for Stakeholders and Technical Assessors to consider views first-hand from laboratories on the revised Guidance and transition process
- Opportunity to participate in a live Q&A session. Ideally questions should be submitted prior to the webinar to allow them to be answered fully, but it is hoped that ad-hoc questions can be fielded at the end of the webinar.
Please feel free to share this email with any colleagues that you think would benefit from attending this webinar. If you are unable to attend, a recording of the live webinar will be available shortly after the event.